Thursday, July 16, 2009


Okay......... Now when I first started this I told you how bad I was at keeping this thing updated and there has been so much that we have done since my last post. The first thing we did is.... As a office we went to the Louisville Temple. So pretty and small, I have never seen a temple that small before, only 1800 sq ft and just all right there no where to walk and get to. From the changing room right across the hall is the session room so amazing! Of coarse in Utah we have a ton right at our finger tips. It took us 3 hours to get there. In 3 hours in Utah I can get to 8 different Temples. It's so amazing how people take that for granted, the temple is so amazing and its amazing how the people out here in Indy have to plan a day that the can all go cuz its a all day process. One Sunday in RS they were planning a trip and one of the sisters said "I am driving and anyone who wants can ride with me but you should know I am going to do 2 session cuz I think its pointless to drive all that way and only do 1!" I was thinking to myself how amazing it is that I have 2 temples that are 5 min from me and I cant even go and do 1 session and this sister tries to go every other Saturday. WOW.... How amazing some of the members are and how amazing it is to be out here and not have a temple with in 5 min and how much I want to go and I have to plan a all day trip. So I set a goal that Sunday to go at least once a week when I get back home. I told myself not to take it for granted and that I should do as much temple work as possible. I love the temple and have only been back once since my own session. I am so excited to come home to Utah and have 8 different temples to go to and get to pick a different one each time. I'm so grateful to live in Utah and have the temple right there.

2 comments:

Kristin Morris said...

What a great goal!! Let's go together!

Margot said...

Nikki,
That's so true!
In Brazil, we took a whole week off.
It took us 23 hours inside a rented bus to get there, so people would spend the week doing Temple work, sleeping in dorms close by.
I'd love to go with you sometime. My dad has hundreds of family names to do work for, so let me know when you're going, and I'll give you some!
It's an amazing kind of work, huh?